Rob is a university lecturer, has a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Dublin City University), is an accredited psychotherapist and is a professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science. He is also a qualified Shamanic Counsellor at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies, has been a student of celtic shamanism for over ten years, and has finished an 8 year training as a Transpersonal Therapist in the tradition of Dr. Stan Grof. He is also enrolled with the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) 2023/24 Graduate training in Psychedelic Assisted Therapy.
He passionately believes that only way to create change in the world is through inner psychological work, and his work has been around reconnecting people to themselves, to each other and to nature.
In his twenties he was one of Ireland’s top whitewater kayakers, leading expeditions to most of the most remote locations on the planet, including Iran, the Himalayas and Ethiopia to name but a few. He has 20 years experience guiding people in some of the most adventurous mountain and river environments on earth. As he evolved into a leading outdoor educator, he became convinced of the healing power of nature. After several near death experiences and the trauma of losing some of his friends to the river, Rob turned to Jungian psychology, yoga and meditation to rehab his body and mind. He has been practising yoga intensively since 2008, and teaching since 2015 when he trained as a Yoga Alliance Teacher (200 RYT) on Maui, He has also completed yoga and meditation trainings in Mexico, India, Guatemala and Spain.
Rob has been a student of Amazonian curanderismo for many years, having done numerous dietas with the renowned Shipibo curanderas in Peru. He has a deep interest in shamanism and has done many ceremonies and initiations in North and South American, and African shamanic traditions.
He co-wrote a code of ethics for plant medicine facilitators “A guideline for navigating sexual trauma and harm prevention in psychedelic ceremony space” (www.saferceremony.com), as well as helping to draft the dutch Guild of Guides Code of Ethics.
Before becoming a psychotherapist, Rob was a university lecturer and will be co-ordinating our Inwardbound Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy training programme.
- Graduate Diploma (Level 9) in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Dublin City University)
- Qualified Shamanic Counsellor at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies, Dunderry Park
- 8 years training as a Transpersonal Therapist at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies, Dunderry Park
- California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) 2023/24 Graduate training in Psychedelic Assisted Therapy.
- Professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science (Berlin)
- Trained with the Jung Society of Ireland
- IFS (Internal Family Systems) for Psychedelic Guides training
- Expanded Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Psychedelic-assisted Therapy: Trauma-focused ACT training
- Trained as a Vision Quest Facilitator in the US
- Trained in Trauma Release Exercise (TRE)
- Professional experience as an Adventure Therapy facilitator in the US
- Experienced Holiotropic Breathwork practitioner
- 6000m peak trekking leader, international Class 5 river guide
- Co-Founder and facilitator Men’s Circle in Dublin
- Yoga Alliance Teacher (200 RYT) , breathwork and meditative yoga teacher