Psychotherapist (IACP Preaccredited), Lecturer BA Hons/ MSc
Rob is a university lecturer, has a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Level 9) from Dublin City University, is a pre-accredited member of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and is a professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science. He is also a qualified Shamanic Counsellor at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies, and is currently finishing a 6 year training as a Transpersonal Therapist in the tradition of Dr. Stan Grof.
He believes that only way to create change in the world is through inner psychological work, and his work had been around reconnecting people to themselves, to each other and to nature.
In his twenties he was one of Ireland’s top whitewater kayakers, leading expeditions to most of the most remote locations on the planet, including Iran, northern India and Ethiopia to name but a few. As he evolved into a leading and highly qualified outdoor educator, he became convinced of the healing power of nature. After several near death experiences and the trauma of losing some of his friends to the river, Rob turned to Jungian psychology, yoga and meditation to rehab his body and mind. He has been practising yoga intensively since 2008, and teaching since 2015 when he trained as a Yoga Alliance Teacher (200 RYT) on Maui, He has also completed meditative yoga training in Mexico, Guatemala and India and is training as a Transpersonal therapist in Ireland. He also has many years experience working with plant medicines and indigenous traditions all around the world.
- Graduate Diploma (Level 9) in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Dublin City University)
- BA (Hons)/ MSc (Trinity College Dublin)/ CEP (IEP Grenoble, France)
- Member of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (pre-accredited)
- Qualified Shamanic Counsellor at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies
- 6 years training as a Transpersonal Therapist at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies
- Professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science (Berlin)
- Trained with the Jung Society of Ireland
- Trained as a Wilderness Quest Facilitator in the US
- Trained in Trauma Release Exercise (TRE)
- Professional experience as an Adventure Therapy facilitator in the US
- Experienced Holiotropic Breathwork practitioner
- MI qualified Mountain leader, 6000m peak trekking leader, international Class 5 river guide
- Yoga Alliance Teacher (200 RYT) and meditative yoga teacher
Read more about Rob’s own journey here:
To book an online psychotherapy or counselling session with Rob, click here:
Events with Rob Coffey
December 6, 2019
5-Day Psychedelic Retreat Our December 2019 retreat takes place in a luxury venue situated in a nature reserve an hour from Amsterdam. The authentic 19th-century Dutch farmhouse accommodation provides the perfect setting for your 5-day retreat. A private room is provided for every participant and the ample common areas provide a place for you to relax, journal and maximise your stay with us. The peaceful location of the retreat centre means there is plenty of opportunity for reflection, trips to the nature reserve and long walks on the beach. The chapel is available for private reflection and meditation. The winter retreat will take…
March 13, 2020
5-Day Psychedelic Retreat Our March 2020 retreat takes place in a beautiful quiet rural location in the north of the Netherlands. The retreat centre is a spacious but cosy traditional farm house with beautiful views all around. The venue is surrounded by mature trees, canals and farmland and is close to the North Sea. Amenities include sauna, hot tub and large open fireplace. The spring retreat will be intimate, group-oriented and will faithfully contain the healing process. During the 5-day retreat we will have 2 sessions with psilocybin truffles, complemented by a range of activities and therapies designed to maximise your experience…