Since 2018, we provide legal psychedelic retreat programmes with a 5 day retreat in the Netherlands as the focal point. Our programme has a pre-screening and integration process supported by our team of psychotherapists and facilitators.
Hundreds of participants have attended our retreats, and we are one of the pioneering psilocybin retreats in the world. Our programmes combine best practice in psychedelic facilitation with the support of psychotherapy and a range of integration methods.
Our methodology is based on the work of Dr Stan Grof.
Am I eligible to participate?
Our online Introduction to Psychedelic Therapy course may suit:
Anyone interested in learning more about psychedelic therapy
Therapists/ Psychotherapists/ Integration Therapists
If you resonate with our approach of combining the scientific with the spiritual, the shamanic with the psychotherapeautic
Our Educational Mission Statement
Our mission is to educate people on the safe use of psychedelics in a therapeutic setting, combining cutting edge science and psychotherapy with the ancestral wisdom of Ireland
- that psychedelic therapy, when done in a safe manner, has the potential to change the world for the better
- that psychedelic medicines such as psilocybin are the shared birthright of humanity, belong to no-one, and as such by educating others we would like to reach and help as many people as possible
- that the core value of healing should always be service to others
- that psychedelics are sacred medicines of the earth, and deserve our respect
- that we are custodians of these sacred medicines, not their owners, and therefore have a duty to educate others in how to work responsibly with psychedelics in a safe and therapeutic way
- that psychedelic healing practised in a safe way should be accessible to all, not just the privileged and wealthy. For this reason, we will offering a limited number of scholarships to those from disadvantaged socio-economic or ethnic backgrounds
Introduction to Psychedelic Therapy - Course Objectives
Inwardbound are running a 11 week, online “Introduction to Psychedelic Therapy" training programme”, blending cutting edge psychotherapy and science, with the ancestral wisdom of Ireland.
The core Inwardbound team have been running psilocybin retreats in the Netherlands for three years, and are one of the pioneering psilocybin retreats in the world, with hundreds of people having come through our retreats.
The aim of this programme is to provide a comprehensive overview of the field of psychedelic therapy from both a spiritual, shamanic and scientific, psychological perspective knowing that ultimately the two ways are one. We are bringing together world experts in the field, to offer a broad overview and introduction to psychedelic therapy.
Introduction to Psychedelic Therapy Modules* :
- Course Introduction/ Opening
- The science and healing power of psychedelics
- Screening/ Risk Management/ Harm Reduction
- Maps of Consciousness/ Finding meaning in the psychedelic experience
- The Jungian Psyche
- Introduction to Transpersonal Therapy/ Holiotropic States of Consciousness
- Psilocybin Therapy from a psychiatric perspective
- The challenges from a psychotherapeutic perspective
- Trauma Informed Practice
- The process of integration
- Q & A/ Closing Ceremony*
* Please note that both course modules and course lecturers are subject to change
Programme Eligibility Requirements
This programme is suitable for therapists, psychotherapists, psychologists, practitioners or anyone who is interested in gaining a deeper understanding of psychedelic therapy from a scientific, psychotherapeutic and spiritual perspective. This course is for anyone with an interested in the healing power of psychedelics, all that is required of participants is an open and curious mind, and a willingness to embrace Inwardbound's multidisciplinary approach.
The training programme will consist of 11 modules, delivered over the course of 11 weekends from September – December 2021. The format will consist of a 2 hour lecture each Saturday, (approximately 25 hours contact time). We will also allowing time for process, meditation and circle work.
- A deposit of €500 is required to secure your place.
- Both course modules and course lecturers are subject to change without further notice
- The balance of the course fees are due 4 weeks before the course starts, on the 28th August 2021.
- A limited number of scholarships are available for low-wage and social causes, and those from disadvantaged socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds. To apply for a scholarship, please send a 500 word application on why you are a good candidate for a scholarship to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deposits are non-refundable, if you cannot attend the course we will transfer you to a later course date
- No illegal substances are consumed during this training course. We do not condone illegal activity in your jurisdiction, please abide by your local laws. This purpose of this training course is to introduce people to the field of Psychedelic Therapy from a variety of theoretical perspectives
- We call this training course an Introduction to Psychedelic Therapy for a reason. We do not consider it sufficient training for participants to then begin acting as, or calling themselves, psychedelic therapists. Further training and education will most definitely be required. In most cases, this takes years of dedication and training. We ask that all participants respect the limitations of their competencies as an ethical requirement for partaking in this course, and to honour this condition.
Read full Terms & Conditions.
- the course will be delivered between 15.30-17.30 Irish Time GMT (=16.30-18.30 CEST/ 10.30- 12.30 EDT/ 07.30-9.30 PDT) each Saturday for the duration of the course (September 25th, 2021- December 5th, 2021)
- lectures will be recorded so you can listen back in your own time
- we will also including process and sharing circles, details of which will be shared nearer the time
Rob Ó Cobhthaigh - Course Director
The Inwardbound Introduction to Psychedelic Therapy Programme director is Inwardbound co-founder Rob Coffey. Rob is a fully accredited psychotherapist (MIACP/ MSc/ BA Hons) and transpersonal therapist. Prior to becoming a psychotherapist, he had many years experience co-ordinating eductional courses and lecturing in the field of higher education up to University Honors degree level (Level 8) . He has a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Level 9) from Dublin City University, and is a professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science. He is also a qualified Shamanic Counsellor in Celtic Shamanism, and has completed an 8 year training as a Transpersonal Therapist at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies, in the tradition of Dr. Stan Grof. He believes that only way to create change in the world is through inner psychological work, and his work had been around reconnecting people to themselves, to each other and to nature. He is deeply connected to the land and sacred sites of Ireland, and for the past few years has been connecting deeply to the ancestral wisdom of Ireland. Rob has been a student of Amazonian curanderismo for a number of years, having done several dietas with the renowned Mahua lineage in Peru. He co-wrote a code of ethics for plant medicine facilitators "A guideline for navigating sexual trauma and harm prevention in psychedelic ceremony space" (www.saferceremony.com), as well as helping to draft the dutch Guild of Guides Code of Ethics.
A TEDx speaker, activist, somatic trauma specialist, #1 Best Selling Author, and yoga teacher & group facilitator, Atira Tan, is a powerful agent of transformation and change. She has touched the lives of thousands of women, men, and children around the world, supporting them through her 15 years of experience in various somatic and creative trauma recovery approaches.
Passionate about creating safer spaces for everybody, and bringing healing and awareness in the “shadowy” areas of life, Atira has worked as a trauma-informed integration specialist in ayahuasca retreat centers such as the Temple of the Way of Light in Peru and is currently the head of integration at AYA Healing Retreats.
Atira has mapped the trauma recovery of hundreds of plant medicine participants in her private practice as an integration trauma specialist. She co-facilitates Trauma-informed and Somatic Experiencing Plant Medicine retreats and ayahuasca dietas in Peru with AYA Healing Retreats. She is also the pioneer and founder of the Trauma-Informed Plant Medicine Program, which has over 150 graduates in 2 years.
Atira has also worked for over a decade internationally in community organizations and international development as a consultant, clinician, and supervisor, as well as an educator in non-for-profit settings. She is currently a Ph.D. candidate at the European Graduate School in Switzerland, researching the effectiveness of somatic and creative trauma recovery interventions for sex-trafficked survivors in Asia. Atira also has presented at numerous conferences alongside Dr. Peter Levine, Dr. Stephen Porges, Dr Pat Ogden, and Dr. Gabor Mate, just to name a few.
She co-wrote, along with Inwardbound co-founder Rob Ó Cobhthaigh, an international code of ethics: "Sexual Trauma- A guideline for navigating sexual trauma and harm prevention in psychedelic/ plant medicine ceremony spaces"You can find out more about her work at www.atiratan.com
Dr Darragh Stewart (Phd)- Psychedelic Science
Dr Darragh Stewart is the co-founder of Inwardbound, and post doctoral plant geneticist who will be covering the science of psychedelics on the Introduction to Psychededlic Therapy course
Sophie Adler- Psychologist and Psychedelic Therapist
Sophie-Charlotte Alice Adler, MSc, is a psychologist, hypnotherapist, researcher and author. She has specialised in working with altered states of consciousness since 2017 and has been supervising ketamine infusions at Instituto Dr. Scheib in Mallorca since 2018. In Autumn 2020 she built up a private practice for Dr. Scheib in Berlin where Ketamine Therapy is offered. Ketamine (off-label use) is currently the only legally available and approved psychedelic substance. With the support of Dr Mario Scheib and Prof Revenstorf, Sophie Adler developed an innovative therapy method, the "Ketamine Hypnosis Package" (KHP).
Since 2018, she has accompanied over 400 ketamine infusions as a psychologist and hypnotherapist. In 2020, her book ""Altered States of Consciousness - New Paths in Psychotherapy? The Potential of the Psychoactive Substance Psilocybin“" was published by Carl-Auer in Germany.
She is the founder of ACSMINDWORKS - a group of specialists working on healing and states of consciousness in a variety of ways (www.acsmindworks.com). Sophie-Charlotte Adler is a member of the MIND Foundation as well as the KRIYA- Consultation Group with Dr. Raquel Bennett and Dr. Jessica Katzman in California.
Aoife Howe- Ceremony and Ancestral Wisdom
Aoife has a strong connection to the land and ancestors of Ireland, is a herbalist trained in the ways of the Irish wise women of old. From a very young age, she experienced spontaneous shamanic initiations and formed a deep connection with plants and psychedelic mushrooms. She has lived close to the land for some years. Her roots are in Celtic spirituality and the sacred sites of ancient Ireland. She has also been trained in herbalism and different healing modalities, in several indigenous traditions, as well as using music and dance to create her own very unique and powerful healing style. Any one who meets Aoife will remember her, she has the ability to make her mark and create lasting change in people by being absolutely real and authentic.
Declan Hammond- Harm Reduction
Declan Hammond will be joining us to deliver the harm reduction module on the Inwardbound Introduction to Psychedelic Therapy Training. Declan has decades of experience working in harm reduction in the psychedelic space. He is an ancestral wisdom keeper of the land of Ireland, a transpersonal therapist and shamanic practitioner. His life and work has been a passionate search for the most effective healing tools for himself and his patients. This journey has taken him all over the globe studying Eastern and Western approaches to healing and and traditional shamanic practices. Declan has developed a unique synthesis of these ancient and modern healing techniques and works with individuals and gups to empower deep personal growth and spiritual development. https://declanhammond.com/
More Course Facilitators to be added soon
- At InwardBound, our interdisciplinary team of psychotherapists, PhD scientists and holistic therapists believes in weaving together the threads of science and spirituality, knowing that the two ways are one. We work in the broad tradition of Dr Stan Grof - creating a safe container for people to access the wisdom of their own inner healer.
- We come from a long tradition of psilocybin use in Ireland. Our Celtic ancestors used the wild mushrooms of Northern Europe (Psilocybe Semilanceata) and worked with the patterns of nature for healing and spiritual growth and we continue that land-based ancestral tradition to create a modern context for psilocybin ceremony and reconnection with nature.
- Since 2018, hundreds of people have attended our retreats. We are one of the pioneering psilocybin retreats in the world.
Psychedelics will do for the understanding of consciousness what telescopes did for the understanding of astronomy, and microscopes did for the understanding of biology
- Dr Stan Grof
At Inwardbound, we aim to be of the pioneering providers of online psychedelic therapy training in Ireland, the Netherlands and Europe.