David comes from the humanitarian sector, providing technical services for non-profit crisis-response agencies in the developing world. He has completed his master’s degree in Geographic Information Systems and has been working for an international NGO.
David is pivoting to offer his operations and engineering skillset to the facilitation of healing retreats to those who may benefit. A decision from the heart!
15 years ago, David suffered a major life-crisis. Psilocybin mushrooms (then legal in Ireland!) played a huge part in his recovery and allowed him to move past old destructive patterns of thinking and experience divine connection to nature.
David has since been exploring the remarkable healing potential of these organisms and has gained the experience to facilitate other’s access to this natural medicine.
The Wounded Healer
He is currently in his 3rd year of training as a Transpersonal Therapist at ICSS Dunderry Park. David has counselled many people using these effective techniques and has facilitated group journeys.
David is a passionate advocate of psilocybin mushrooms as master healers. He runs the community website Shrooms.ie to organise events and campaign for an end to psilocybin prohibition in Ireland.
- MSc GIS, University of Leeds
- BA (MOD) ICT, Trinity College Dublin
- 15 years experience with psilocybin medicine
- 15 years training experience with Tai Chi & Qi Gong
- Diploma in Psychotropic Plants
- Diploma in Medicinal Herbs
- Certificate in Shamanic Practice, Dunderry Park, Ireland
- Certificate in Shamanic Counselling, Dunderry Park, Ireland
- Certificate in Sustainable Development, Columbia University, USA
- Certificate in Peace Studies, Tamera, Portugal
- Certificate in Permaculture Design, Permaculture Institute of Turkey
- Certificate in Working with the Patterns of Nature, Schumacher College, UK
- Certificate in Leaders in Global Development, University of Queensland
- Founder, Shrooms.ie
Events with David McNamara
December 6, 2019
5-Day Psychedelic Retreat Our December 2019 retreat takes place in a luxury venue situated in a nature reserve an hour from Amsterdam. The authentic 19th-century Dutch farmhouse accommodation provides the perfect setting for your 5-day retreat. A private room is provided for every participant and the ample common areas provide a place for you to relax, journal and maximise your stay with us. The peaceful location of the retreat centre means there is plenty of opportunity for reflection, trips to the nature reserve and long walks on the beach. The chapel is available for private reflection and meditation. The winter retreat will take…