Inwardbound Group Retreat: Netherlands Oct 2024 (5 days)
With Rob Ó Cobhthaigh, Dr. Darragh Stewart Phd and Renee Hendriks
October 14 - 18, 2024
5-Day Psychedelic Retreat
Please note: To apply for a retreat, please email [email protected]. We will arrange an exploration call with you where we can answer any questions you may have. If you feel a retreat would benefit you, you can then submit a full screening form and deposit to hold your place. A consultation call with a Psychotherapist will then be arranged to assure full suitability for our retreat.
Our retreat takes place in a beautiful venue situated 45 minutes north of Amsterdam. The authentic 19th-century Dutch abbey accommodation provides the perfect setting for your 5-day retreat. A private room for every participant and the ample common areas provide a place for you to relax, journal and maximise your stay with us. The peaceful location of the retreat centre means there is plenty of opportunity for reflection and walks in nature. The chapel is available for private reflection and meditation.
Our retreat will be intimate, group-oriented and will faithfully contain the healing process. During the 5-day retreat, we will have 2 sessions with psilocybin truffles, complemented by a range of activities designed to maximise your experience and affect lasting change in your life.
As part of all our group retreat preparation programmes in the Netherlands we include 3 preparation sessions before the retreat and 3 integration sessions after the retreat.
This forms the focal point of our Psychedelic Retreat Programme.
This is what a typical programme looks like. Every participant is different and some activities may naturally suit some participants more than others. There’s plenty of time for reflection and time in nature and there’s no expectation to attend every activity.
- 1:1 Exploration call to answer any questions you may have
- 1:1 Preparative Consultation Call with a Psychotherapist.
- Group Psychological Coaching Workshop Call
- Group Preparation and Information Call
- Welcome Pack
- The Retreat:
- 5x Day retreat in a beautiful location in the Netherlands.
- 2x Sessions with Psilocybin Truffles (1 medium dose, 1 high dose)
- 4x Nights private accommodation or shared if requested for couples/friends
- Private transfer to/from the retreat centre from Amsterdam
- Small groups: 8-13 participants
- Personal care: 1 Psychotherapist/Psychologist, 1-2 full-time facilitators to maximise individual care and attention
- All meals: vegetarian & vegan options, organic and local (where possible)
- Bodywork programme of yoga & qi gong
- Workshops in breathing techniques (e.g. pranayama, Wim Hof)
- Group intention setting, sharing and integration circles
- Embodiment movement
- Art therapy and mandala work
- Ecotherapy and nature walks
- Cacao ceremony
- Individual consultations with the Psychotherapist/Psychologist
- 1:1 Integrative Consultation Call with a Psychotherapist
- Group Integration Call
- Group Psychological Coaching Workshop
- Follow-up options and referrals
- Integration workbooks and materials
- Psychological Coaching Preparation Workshop: 3-4 weeks before the retreat
- Online Information Call: 2 weeks before the retreat
- Retreat (Netherlands): Monday 14th – Friday 18th October 2024
- Online Group Integration Call: 2 weeks after the retreat
- Psychological Coaching Integration Workshop: 3-4 weeks after the retreat
Travel To/From the Netherlands
- Meeting point: Near Amsterdam central train station on Monday 14th October 2024
- We provide transfers from Amsterdam to the retreat centre. If you have your own transportation, please let us know.
- Dropoff point: Near Amsterdam central train station or airport between 13.15-14:00 on Friday 18th October 2024.
Consultations and the group calls are online using Google Meets.
About the Venue
- Sauna and plunge pool
- Fire pit
- Woodburning stove
- Underfloor heating
- Free Wifi
- Deposit of €1000 is required to secure your place.
- The programme fee does not include flights or other transport to the Netherlands.
- For legal reasons, the cost of the truffles is not included. We will arrange for you to buy the truffles from a third party (allow €75).
- Prices inclusive of VAT @ 21%
- If your initial application does not fit the criteria (please see website for suitability). We will return your deposit minus an admin fee of 90 euro.
- If you do not qualify for the retreat programme after a consultation with our psychotherapist, we will return your deposit minus a consultation and admin fee of 200 euro.
- In the event of a cancellation due to Dutch government coronavirus regulations, we will transfer your booking to the next available retreat dates (ie we will not be offering refunds). Current Dutch government advice can be seen here
- Read full Terms & Conditions.
- Our coronavirus protocols can be found under the FAQ section of our website
- Refund and Cancellation Policy The retreat is 100% refundable for a cancellation 60+ days before the retreat start date minus €200 consultation & admin fee. The event is 50% refundable if cancelled 30-59 days before the start date. The retreat is non-refundable if cancelled 0-29 days before the retreat start date.
- At InwardBound, our interdisciplinary team of psychotherapists, PhD scientists and holistic therapists believe in weaving together the threads of science and spirituality, knowing that the two ways are one. We work in the broad tradition of Dr Stan Grof – creating a safe container for people to access the wisdom of their own inner healer.
- We come from a long tradition of psilocybin use in Ireland. Our Celtic ancestors used the wild mushrooms of Northern Europe (Psilocybe Semilanceata) and worked with the patterns of nature for healing and spiritual growth and we continue that land-based ancestral tradition to create a modern context for psilocybin ceremony and reconnection with nature.
- We hold small groups with 3-4 facilitators (a balance of male and female) to a maximum of 13 participants. This low ratio allows us to provide the highest possible standard of care for our participants. Private rooms are available on most retreats.
- To make sure this form of healing is open to people from all socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds, we offer financial assistance. If you feel like you are a candidate, please send a 500 word application to [email protected]
Inwardbound Co-Founder Rob (MSc/ BA Hons) is the co-founder of Inwardbound. He has a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Level 9) from Dublin City University, is an accredited psychotherapist, and is a professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science and the Institute of Psychedelic Therapy (UK). He is also a qualified transpersonal therapist, and has completed an 8 year training as a Transpersonal therapist at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies (Dunderry Park), in the tradition of Dr. Stan Grof. He is currently enrolled on the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) Certificate…
Learn more about Rob Ó Cobhthaigh
Inwardbound Co-Founder/ Scientific Lead Facilitator. Dr Darragh Stewart (Phd) is the co-founder of Inwardbound. In his early twenties, Darragh reached a turning point in his life. Due to the death of his grandmother, the ending of a long-term relationship, and the immense pressure of his University studies, he had a mental breakdown. He suffered from bouts of depression, anxiety, and general dissatisfaction with how he was living his life. These problems sent him on a quest to find inner healing, truth, and a new way of being in the world. During the rest of his twenties, he had a life-changing…
Learn more about Dr. Darragh Stewart Phd
Ever since a young age Renée became aware of the energy that exists in and around us. Dealing with depression and family trauma since puberty inspired her even more to go within and explore her innerworld. In 2015 she had a life changing experience during her first Ayahuasca Ceremony. From that moment she established a deep connection with plant medicine and she has been attending and co-facilitating many different sacred medicine ceremonies since then. Assisting others in their journey inwards is something she loves to do most. By being fully present with her open heart and grounded personality, she creates a safe and…
Learn more about Renee Hendriks