Late-October 2023 Group Retreat – Netherlands (5 days)
With Rob Ó Cobhthaigh, Dr. Darragh Stewart Phd, Sophie Adler- Psychologist and Caroline McMullen
October 19 - 23, 2023
5-Day Psychedelic Retreat
Our late October 2023 retreat takes place in a beautiful venue situated an hour from Amsterdam. The authentic 19th-century Dutch abbey accommodation provides the perfect setting for your 5-day retreat. A private room for every participant and the ample common areas provide a place for you to relax, journal and maximise your stay with us. The peaceful location of the retreat centre means there is plenty of opportunity for reflection and walks in nature. The chapel is available for private reflection and meditation.
Our October retreat will be intimate, group-oriented and will faithfully contain the healing process. During the 5-day retreat, we will have 2 sessions with psilocybin truffles, complemented by a range of activities designed to maximise your experience and affect lasting change in your life.
As part of all our group retreat preparation programmes in the Netherlands we include three preparation sessions before the retreat and three integration sessions after the retreat.
This forms the focal point of our Psychedelic Retreat Programme.
This is what a typical programme looks like. Every participant is different and some activities may naturally suit some participants more than others. There’s plenty of time for reflection and time in nature and there’s no expectation to attend every activity.
- Session of 1:1 preparative consultation with a psychotherapist.
- Psychological Coaching Call
- Group Introduction Call
- Welcome pack
- The Retreat:
- 5x Day retreat in a beautiful location in the Netherlands.
- 2x Sessions with Psilocybin Truffles (stepped doses)
- 4x Nights private or shared accommodation
- Private bus transfer from Amsterdam to/from the retreat centre
- Small groups: 13 participants maximum
- Personal care: 3-4 full-time facilitators to maximise individual care and attention
- All meals: vegetarian, organic and local (where possible)
- Bodywork programme of yoga & qi gong
- Workshops in breathing techniques (e.g. pranayama, Wim Hof)
- Group intention setting, sharing and integration circles
- Embodiment movement
- Art therapy and mandala work
- Ecotherapy and nature walks
- Individual consultations with facilitators
- Session of 1:1 integrative consultation with a psychotherapist.
- Group Integration Circle (video call)
- Psychological Coaching Call
- Follow-up options and referrals
- Integration workbook
- Psychological Coaching Preparation Workshop: Wednesday 27th September, 2023, 19.00 – 20:30
- Online Information Call: Wednesday October 4th 2023, 19.00 – 20.30 (Amsterdam time)
- Retreat (Netherlands): Thursday 19th October – Monday 23rd October, 2023
- Online Group Integration Call: Wednesday, November 8th, 2023, 19:00 – 20:30pm (Amsterdam time)
- Psychological Coaching Integration Workshop: Wednesday 22nd Nov, 2023, 19.00 – 20:30 (Amsterdam time)
Travel To/From the Netherlands
- Meeting point: Central Amsterdam – “Central Amsterdam – Restaurant ‘The Crown Prince De Kroonprins’ Prins Hendrikkade street at 18:00 on Thursday 19th October, 2023
- We provide transfer from Amsterdam to the retreat centre. If you have your own transportation, please let us know.may
- Dropoff point: Same as pickup point for 14:00 on Monday 23th October 2023. Please do not book you flight before 6pm as there have been large delays at Schiphol.
Consultations and the group calls are online using Google Meets.
About the Venue
- Woodburning stove
- Underfloor heating
- Free Wifi
- Deposit of €2000 is required to secure your place.
- Financial assistance is available for low-wage and social causes.
- The programme fee does not include flights or other transport to the Netherlands. For legal reasons, the cost of the truffles is not included. We will arrange for you to buy the truffles from a third party (allow €75).
- Prices inclusive of VAT @ 21%
- If you do not qualify for the retreat programme after a consultation with our psychotherapists, we will return your deposit minus an consutlation fee of 200 euro.
- In the event of cancellation due to Dutch government coronavirus regulations, we will transfer your booking to the next available retreat dates (ie we will not be offering refunds). Current dutch government advice can be seen here
- Read full Terms & Conditions.
- Our coronavirus protocols can be found under the FAQ section of our website
- Refund and Cancellation Policy The retreat is 100% refundable for cancellation 60+ days before the event start date minus 200e consultation fee. The event is 50% refundable if cancelled 30-59 days before the start date. The retreat is non-refundable if cancelled 0-29 days before the event start date.
- At InwardBound, our interdisciplinary team of psychotherapists, PhD scientists and holistic therapists believe in weaving together the threads of science and spirituality, knowing that the two ways are one. We work in the broad tradition of Dr Stan Grof – creating a safe container for people to access the wisdom of their own inner healer.
- We come from a long tradition of psilocybin use in Ireland. Our Celtic ancestors used the wild mushrooms of Northern Europe (Psilocybe Semilanceata) and worked with the patterns of nature for healing and spiritual growth and we continue that land-based ancestral tradition to create a modern context for psilocybin ceremony and reconnection with nature.
- We hold small groups with 3-4 facilitators (a balance of male and female) to a maximum of 13 participants. This low ratio allows us to provide the highest possible standard of care for our participants. Private rooms are available on most retreats.
- To make sure this form of healing is open to people from all socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds, we offer one scholarship per group retreat. If you feel like you’d make a good candidate, please send a 500 word application to [email protected]
Inwardbound Co-Founder Rob (MSc/ BA Hons) is the co-founder of Inwardbound. He has a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Level 9) from Dublin City University, is an accredited psychotherapist, and is a professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science and the Institute of Psychedelic Therapy (UK). He is also a qualified transpersonal therapist, and has completed an 8 year training as a Transpersonal therapist at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies (Dunderry Park), in the tradition of Dr. Stan Grof. He is currently enrolled on the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) Certificate…
Learn more about Rob Ó Cobhthaigh
Inwardbound Co-Founder/ Scientific Lead Facilitator. Dr Darragh Stewart (Phd) is the co-founder of Inwardbound. In his early twenties, Darragh reached a turning point in his life. Due to the death of his grandmother, the ending of a long-term relationship, and the immense pressure of his University studies, he had a mental breakdown. He suffered from bouts of depression, anxiety, and general dissatisfaction with how he was living his life. These problems sent him on a quest to find inner healing, truth, and a new way of being in the world. During the rest of his twenties, he had a life-changing…
Learn more about Dr. Darragh Stewart Phd
Sophie-Charlotte Alice Adler, MSc, is a psychologist, hypnotherapist, researcher and author. She has specialised in working with altered states of consciousness since 2017 and has been supervising ketamine infusions at Instituto Dr. Scheib in Mallorca since 2018. In Autumn 2020 she built up a private practice for Dr. Scheib in Berlin where Ketamine Therapy is offered. Ketamine (off-label use) is currently the only legally available and approved psychedelic substance. With the support of Dr Mario Scheib and Prof Revenstorf, Sophie Adler developed an innovative therapy method, the “Ketamine Hypnosis Package” (KHP). Since 2018, she has accompanied over 400 ketamine infusions…
Learn more about Sophie Adler- Psychologist
Director of Customer Care. Caroline is the customer care lead on our retreats, making sure that our clients are comfortable, nourished and looked after. Caroline has a passion for nature and reconnecting people to nature and to themselves through different healing modalities. She is qualified yoga instructor, art teacher and holistic therapist, with a particular focus on working with medicinal essential oils. She has been facilitating wellbeing retreats for the past 6 years, with particular emphasis on the healing power of mandalas as a mindfulness tool. Her energy and enthusiasm is infectious and the joy she brings is a real…
Learn more about Caroline McMullen