InwardBound August 2023 Group Retreat- Netherlands (4 days)
With Dr. Darragh Stewart Phd, Helena Angelini- Psychologist, Michael Ledden- Psychotherapist and Renee Hendriks
August 28 - 31, 2023
4-Day Psychedelic Retreat
Our August 2023 retreat takes place in a beautiful venue situated an hour from Amsterdam. The authentic 19th-century Dutch abbey accommodation provides the perfect setting for your 4-day retreat. A private room for every participant and the ample common areas provide a place for you to relax, journal and maximise your stay with us. The peaceful location of the retreat centre means there is plenty of opportunity for reflection and walks in nature. The chapel is available for private reflection and meditation.
Our August retreat will be intimate, group-oriented and will faithfully contain the healing process. During the 4-day retreat, we will have 1 session with psilocybin truffles, complemented by a range of activities designed to maximise your experience and affect lasting change in your life.
This forms the focal point of our Psychedelic Retreat Programme.
This is what a typical programme looks like. Every participant is different and some activities may naturally suit some participants more than others. There’s plenty of time for reflection and time in nature and there’s no expectation to attend every activity.
- Screening and interview call (as required)
- Welcome pack
- Group introduction circle (video call)
- Session of 1:1 preparative consultation with a psychotherapist.
- The Retreat:
- 4x Day retreat in a beautiful location in the Netherlands.
- 1x Sessions with Psilocybin Truffles (stepped doses)
- 3x Nights private or shared accommodation
- Private bus transfer from Amsterdam to/from the retreat centre
- Small groups: 13 participants maximum
- Personal care: 3-4 full-time facilitators to maximise individual care and attention
- All meals: vegetarian, organic and local (where possible)
- Bodywork programme of yoga & Embodiment movement
- Workshops in breathing techniques (e.g. pranayama, Wim Hof)
- Group intention setting, sharing and integration circles
- Embodiment movement
- Art therapy and mandala work
- Ecotherapy and nature walks
- Individual consultations with facilitators
- Session of 1:1 integrative consultation with a psychotherapist.
- Group Integration Circle (video call)
- Follow-up options and referrals
- Integration workbook
- Lifetime access to community
- Monthly Inwardbound Psychedelic Integration Group open to all participants to help people integrate their psychedelic experience into everyday life.
- To make sure this form of healing is open to people from all socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds, we offer one scholarship per group retreat. If you feel like you’d make a good candidate, please send a 500 word application to [email protected]
- Online Information Call: Wednesday 16th August, 2023, 19.00 – 20:30 ((Amsterdam time)
- Retreat (Netherlands): Monday 28th – Thursday 31st August, 2023
- Online Group Integration Call: Wednesday 6th September, 2023, 19:00 – 20:30 (Amsterdam time)
Travel To/From the Netherlands
- Meeting point: Central Amsterdam – “Central Amsterdam – Restaurant ‘The Crown Prince De Kroonprins’ Prins Hendrikkade street at 11:00 am on Monday 28th, 2023
- We provide transfer from Amsterdam to the retreat centre. If you have your own transportation, please let us know.
- Dropoff point: Same as pick up point for 14:00 on Thursday 31st 2023. Please do not book your flight before 6pm due to congestion at Schipol airport.
Consultations and the group calls are online using the Zoom app.
About the Venue
- Woodburning stove
- Underfloor heating
- Free Wifi
- Deposit of €2000 is required to secure your place.
- Financial assistance is available for low-wage and social causes.
- The programme fee does not include flights or other transport to the Netherlands. For legal reasons, the cost of the truffles is not included. We will arrange for you to buy the truffles from a third party (allow €75).
- Prices inclusive of VAT @ 21%
- If you do not qualify for the retreat programme after a consultation with our psychotherapists, we will return your deposit minus an consultation fee of 200 euro.
- In the event of cancellation due to Dutch government coronavirus regulations, we will transfer your booking to the next available retreat dates (ie we will not be offering refunds). Current dutch government advice can be seen here
- Read full Terms & Conditions.
- Our coronavirus protocols can be found under the FAQ section of our website
- REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
The retreat is 100% refundable for cancellation 60+ days before the event start date minus the 200 euro consultation fee. The event is 50% refundable if cancelled 30-59 days before the start date. The retreat is non-refundable if cancelled 0-29 days before the event start date.
- At InwardBound, our interdisciplinary team of psychotherapists, PhD scientists and holistic therapists believe in weaving together the threads of science and spirituality, knowing that the two ways are one. We work in the broad tradition of Dr Stan Grof – creating a safe container for people to access the wisdom of their own inner healer.
- We come from a long tradition of psilocybin use in Ireland. Our Celtic ancestors used the wild mushrooms of Northern Europe (Psilocybe Semilanceata) and worked with the patterns of nature for healing and spiritual growth and we continue that land-based ancestral tradition to create a modern context for psilocybin ceremony and reconnection with nature.
- We hold small groups with 3-4 facilitators (a balance of male and female) to a maximum of 13 participants. This low ratio allows us to provide the highest possible standard of care for our participants. Private rooms are available on most retreats.
Inwardbound Co-Founder/ Scientific Lead Facilitator. Dr Darragh Stewart (Phd) is the co-founder of Inwardbound. In his early twenties, Darragh reached a turning point in his life. Due to the death of his grandmother, the ending of a long-term relationship, and the immense pressure of his University studies, he had a mental breakdown. He suffered from bouts of depression, anxiety, and general dissatisfaction with how he was living his life. These problems sent him on a quest to find inner healing, truth, and a new way of being in the world. During the rest of his twenties, he had a life-changing…
Learn more about Dr. Darragh Stewart Phd
Helena Angelini is a therapist with 19 years of professional experience. She is a psychologist who graduated at Universidade Fumec in Minas Gerais/Brasil, specializing in the Jungian Psychological approach. She has keenly continued education with various courses in Complementary Therapies, Mythology and has travelled all over the world looking to obtain broader and vaster perspective of human behaviour. As a psychologist, Helena has always strived to understand in depth the particular universe of each culture and each human being. This passion granted her the ability to treat people of different ages, cultures and interests. She has clinical experience in Brasil…
Learn more about Helena Angelini- Psychologist
Michael is a fully accredited psychotherapist (IACP, IAHIP, ICP Accredited, Msc. Clinical Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy) with an interest in CBT, Mindfulness, Humanistic, Psychodynamic, Existential and Transpersonal Therapy. Following extensive personal therapy conducted throughout training as a therapist, Michael discovered and cultivated an interest in plant medicines, transpersonal psychology and shamanic healing. He views them all as ground-breaking areas for the mental, emotional, physical and spiritual healing and advancement for all ready to answer the call. Professionally, Michael works as a psychotherapist with short term and long term clients, runs his own service Anxiety Ireland, and is involved…
Learn more about Michael Ledden- Psychotherapist
Ever since a young age Renée became aware of the energy that exists in and around us. Dealing with depression and family trauma since puberty inspired her even more to go within and explore her innerworld. In 2015 she had a life changing experience during her first Ayahuasca Ceremony. From that moment she established a deep connection with plant medicine and she has been attending and co-facilitating many different sacred medicine ceremonies since then. Assisting others in their journey inwards is something she loves to do most. By being fully present with her open heart and grounded personality, she creates a safe and…
Learn more about Renee Hendriks