FULLY BOOKED – InwardBound May 2023 Group Retreat- Netherlands (5 days)
With Rob Ó Cobhthaigh, Dr. Darragh Stewart Phd, Tiziana Sarah Schindler, Nicky Halliday and Lauretta Cundy, Psychologist
May 26 - 30, 2023
5-Day Psychedelic Retreat
Our May 2023 retreat takes place in a beautiful venue situated an hour from Amsterdam. The authentic 19th-century Dutch abbey accommodation provides the perfect setting for your 5-day retreat. A private room for every participant and the ample common areas provide a place for you to relax, journal and maximise your stay with us. The peaceful location of the retreat centre means there is plenty of opportunity for reflection and walks in nature. The chapel is available for private reflection and meditation.
Our May retreat will be intimate, group-oriented and will faithfully contain the healing process. During the 5-day retreat, we will have 2 sessions with psilocybin truffles, complemented by a range of activities designed to maximise your experience and affect lasting change in your life.
This forms the focal point of our Psychedelic Retreat Programme.
This is what a typical programme looks like. Every participant is different and some activities may naturally suit some participants more than others. There’s plenty of time for reflection and time in nature and there’s no expectation to attend every activity.
- Screening and interview call (as required)
- Welcome pack
- Group introduction circle (video call)
- Session of 1:1 preparative consultation with a psychotherapist.
- The Retreat:
- 5x Day retreat in a beautiful location in the Netherlands.
- 2x Sessions with Psilocybin Truffles (stepped doses)
- 4x Nights private or shared accommodation
- Private bus transfer from Amsterdam to/from the retreat centre
- Small groups: 12 participants maximum
- Personal care: 3-4 full-time facilitators to maximise individual care and attention
- All meals: vegetarian, organic and local (where possible)
- Bodywork programme of yoga & qi gong
- Workshops in breathing techniques (e.g. pranayama, Wim Hof)
- Group intention setting, sharing and integration circles
- Embodiment movement
- Art therapy and mandala work
- Ecotherapy and nature walks
- Individual consultations with facilitators
- Session of 1:1 integrative consultation with a psychotherapist.
- Group Integration Circle (video call)
- Follow-up options and referrals
- Integration workbook
- Lifetime access to community
- Monthly Inwardbound Psychedelic Integration Group open to all participants to help people integrate their psychedelic experience into everyday life.
- To make sure this form of healing is open to people from all socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds, we offer one scholarship per group retreat. If you feel like you’d make a good candidate, please send a 500 word application to [email protected]
- Online Information Call: Wednesday 17th May, 2023, 20.30 – 21:30 ((Amsterdam time)
- Retreat (Netherlands): Friday 26th – Tuesday 30th May, 2023
- Online Group Integration Call: Tuesday 13th June, 2023, 19:00 – 20:00 (Amsterdam time)
Travel To/From the Netherlands
- Meeting point: Central Amsterdam – “Central Amsterdam – Restaurant ‘The Crown Prince De Kroonprins’ Prins Hendrikkade street at 18:00 on Friday 26th May, 2023
- We provide transfer from Amsterdam to the retreat centre. If you have your own transportation, please let us know.
- Dropoff point: Same as pick up point for 14:00 on Tuesday 13th June 2023. Please do not book your flight before 6pm due to congestion at Schipol airport.
Consultations and the group calls are online using the Zoom app.
About the Venue
- Woodburning stove
- Underfloor heating
- Free Wifi
- Deposit of €1500 is required to secure your place.
- Financial assistance is available for low-wage and social causes.
- The programme fee does not include flights or other transport to the Netherlands. For legal reasons, the cost of the truffles is not included. We will arrange for you to buy the truffles from a third party (allow €75).
- Prices inclusive of VAT @ 21%
- If you do not qualify for the retreat programme after a consultation with our psychotherapists, we will return your deposit minus an admin fee of 250 euro.
- In the event of cancellation due to Dutch government coronavirus regulations, we will transfer your booking to the next available retreat dates (ie we will not be offering refunds). Current dutch government advice can be seen here
- Read full Terms & Conditions.
- Our coronavirus protocols can be found under the FAQ section of our website
- REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
The retreat is 100% refundable for cancellation 60+ days before the event start date minus 200e administration fee. The event is 50% refundable if cancelled 30-59 days before the start date. The retreat is non-refundable if cancelled 0-29 days before the event start date.
- At InwardBound, our interdisciplinary team of psychotherapists, PhD scientists and holistic therapists believe in weaving together the threads of science and spirituality, knowing that the two ways are one. We work in the broad tradition of Dr Stan Grof – creating a safe container for people to access the wisdom of their own inner healer.
- We come from a long tradition of psilocybin use in Ireland. Our Celtic ancestors used the wild mushrooms of Northern Europe (Psilocybe Semilanceata) and worked with the patterns of nature for healing and spiritual growth and we continue that land-based ancestral tradition to create a modern context for psilocybin ceremony and reconnection with nature.
- We hold small groups with 3-4 facilitators (a balance of male and female) to a maximum of 12 participants. This low ratio allows us to provide the highest possible standard of care for our participants. Private rooms are available on most retreats.
Please visit the InwardBound website or contact us.
Inwardbound Co-Founder Rob (MSc/ BA Hons) is the co-founder of Inwardbound. He has a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Level 9) from Dublin City University, is an accredited psychotherapist, and is a professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science and the Institute of Psychedelic Therapy (UK). He is also a qualified transpersonal therapist, and has completed an 8 year training as a Transpersonal therapist at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies (Dunderry Park), in the tradition of Dr. Stan Grof. He is currently enrolled on the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) Certificate…
Learn more about Rob Ó Cobhthaigh
Inwardbound Co-Founder/ Scientific Lead Facilitator. Dr Darragh Stewart (Phd) is the co-founder of Inwardbound. In his early twenties, Darragh reached a turning point in his life. Due to the death of his grandmother, the ending of a long-term relationship, and the immense pressure of his University studies, he had a mental breakdown. He suffered from bouts of depression, anxiety, and general dissatisfaction with how he was living his life. These problems sent him on a quest to find inner healing, truth, and a new way of being in the world. During the rest of his twenties, he had a life-changing…
Learn more about Dr. Darragh Stewart Phd
After a strong awakening experience 4 years ago, Tiziana finds herself deepening the spiritual path learning from different teachers and traditions all around the globe. From the mayan people in Guatemala to the more defined teachings around the Womb space , especially for woman. Attending and facilitating ceremonies with and without plant medicine helped her in her own healing process and in the support of many others. With an open heart she embodies the energies of love, care, vulnerability and strength in a safe environment, guiding through the upcoming processes with calmness and dedication. Bringing light into the sometimes uncomfortable…
Learn more about Tiziana Sarah Schindler
Nicky’s interest in nutrition was awakened when she travelled around the world and explored a huge variety of cuisines. On arriving back in Ireland, she made the decision to study Nutritional Therapy. Nicky was fascinated by what she learned about the connection between what we consume and our health. Having passed her Nutritional Therapy course with distinction she decided that she wanted to bring together her love for cooking and her knowledge of nutrition. When she came across Bauman College Holistic Nutrition and Culinary Arts School, she felt a deep calling from within, and decided to quit her job in…
Learn more about Nicky Halliday
*Coaching Psychology is described as: “A process of enhancing wellbeing and performance in personal life and work domains underpinned by models of coaching grounded in established adult and child theories and approaches” (Source: ISCP). As a coaching psychologist her focus is on enhancing life experiences across life domains, through the systematic application of behavioural science. With the aspiration moving beyond ‘zero point’ to flourishing. Her ethos is to equip her clients with knowledge, practical tools and strategies, so each individual is left with their own unique tool kit, to thrive. She has a comprehensive and wide range of accredited professional…
Learn more about Lauretta Cundy, Psychologist