InwardBound September 2022 Group Retreat (4 days)
With Dr. Darragh Stewart, Rob Ó Cobhthaigh, Caroline McMullen and Renee Hendriks
September 26 - 29, 2022
4- Day Psychedelic Retreat
Our September 2022 retreat takes place in a beautiful venue situated an hour from Amsterdam. The authentic 19th-century Dutch abbey accommodation provides the perfect setting for your 4-day retreat. A private room for every participant and the ample common areas provide a place for you to relax, journal and maximise your stay with us. The peaceful location of the retreat centre means there is plenty of opportunity for reflection and walks in nature. The chapel is available for private reflection and meditation. The retreat center is nestled in a forest park which surrounded by beautiful trails and trees.
Our November retreat will be intimate, group-oriented and will faithfully contain the healing process. During the 4-day retreat, we will have one session with psilocybin truffles, complemented by a range of activities designed to maximise your experience and affect lasting change in your life.
This forms the focal point of our Psychedelic Retreat Programme.
This is what a typical programme looks like. Every participant is different and some activities may naturally suit some participants more than others. There’s plenty of time for reflection and time in nature and there’s no expectation to attend every activity.
- Medical screening and interview call (as required)
- Welcome pack
- Group introduction circle (Zoom video call)
- Session of 1:1 preparative consultation with a psychotherapist.
- The Retreat:
- 4x Day retreat in a beautiful location in the Netherlands.
- 1x Sessions with Psilocybin Truffles
- 3x Nights private or shared accommodation
- transfer from Amsterdam to/from the retreat centre
- Small groups: 12 participants maximum
- Personal care: 3 full-time facilitators to maximise individual care and attention
- All meals by a professional chef: vegetarian, organic and local (where possible)
- Bodywork programme of yoga & qi gong
- Workshops in breathing techniques (e.g. pranayama, Wim Hof)
- Group intention setting, sharing and integration circles
- Embodiment movement
- Art therapy and mandala work
- Ecotherapy and nature walks
- Individual consultations with facilitators
- Session of 1:1 integrative consultation with a psychotherapist.
- Group Integration Circle (Zoom video call)
- Follow-up options and referrals
- Integration workbook
- Lifetime access to community
- Monthly Inwardbound Psychedelic Integration Group open to all participants to help people integrate their psychedelic experience into everyday life.
- To make sure this form of healing is open to people from all socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds, we offer one scholarship per group retreat. If you feel like you’d make a good candidate, please send a 500 word application to [email protected]
- Online Information Call: Wednesday 21st September 2022, 20:00 – 21:00 (Amsterdam time)
- Retreat (Netherlands): Monday 26th September – Thursday 29th September
- Online Group Integration Call: Wednesday 5th Oct 2022, 20:00 – 21:00 (Amsterdam time)
Travel To/From the Netherlands
- Meeting point: Central Amsterdam – Restaurant ‘The Crown Prince De Kroonprins’ Prins Hendrikkade street at 11:00 am on Monday 26th September
- We provide transfer from Amsterdam to the retreat centre. If you have your own transportation, please let us know.
- Dropoff point: Same as pick up point no later than 14:00 on Thursday 1st September 2022
Consultations and the group calls are online using the free Zoom app.
About the Venue
- Woodburning stove
- Underfloor heating
- Nature reserve
- Private rooms
- outdoor and indoor dinning
- Free Wifi
- Deposit of €1500 is required to secure your place.
- Financial assistance is available for low-wage and social causes.
- The programme fee does not include flights or other transport to the Netherlands. For legal reasons, the cost of the truffles is not included. We will arrange for you to buy the truffles from a third party (allow €50).
- Prices not inclusive of VAT @ 21%
- If you do not qualify for the retreat programme after a consultation with our psychotherapists, we will return your deposit minus an admin fee of 150 euro.
- In the event of cancellation due to Dutch government coronavirus regulations, we will transfer your booking to the next available retreat dates (ie we will not be offering refunds). Current dutch government advice can be seen here
- Read full Terms & Conditions.
- Our coronavirus protocols can be found under the FAQ section of our website
- For earlier flights on the last day of the retreat: Private taxi can be arranged at your expense. The venue is 1 hour from the airport.
- At InwardBound, our interdisciplinary team of psychotherapists, PhD scientists and holistic therapists believe in weaving together the threads of science and spirituality, knowing that the two ways are one. We work in the broad tradition of Dr Stan Grof – creating a safe container for people to access the wisdom of their own inner healer.
- We come from a long tradition of psilocybin use in Ireland. Our Celtic ancestors used the wild mushrooms of Northern Europe (Psilocybe Semilanceata) and worked with the patterns of nature for healing and spiritual growth and we continue that land-based ancestral tradition to create a modern context for psilocybin ceremony and reconnection with nature.
- We hold small groups with four facilitators (a balance of male and female) to a maximum of 12 participants. This low ratio allows us to provide the highest possible standard of care for our participants. Private rooms are available on most retreats.
Inwardbound Co-Founder/ Scientific Lead Facilitator. Dr Darragh Stewart (Phd) is the co-founder of Inwardbound. In his early-twenties, Darragh reached a turning point in his life. Due to the death of his grandmother, the ending of a long-term relationship, and the immense pressure of his University studies, he had a mental breakdown. He suffered from bouts of depression, anxiety, and a general dissatisfaction with how he was living his life. These problems sent him on a quest to find inner healing, truth, and a new way of being in the world. During the rest of his twenties, he had a life-changing…
Learn more about Dr. Darragh Stewart
Inwardbound Co-Founder Rob (MSc/ BA Hons) is the co-founder of Inwardbound. He has a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Level 9) from Dublin City University, is an accredited psychotherapist, and is a professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science. He is also a qualified Shamanic Counsellor in Celtic Shamanism, and has completed an 8 year training as a Transpersonal Therapist at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies, in the tradition of Dr. Stan Grof. He believes that only way to create change in the world is through inner psychological work, and his work…
Learn more about Rob Ó Cobhthaigh
Director of Customer Care. Caroline is the customer care lead on our retreats, making sure that our clients are comfortable, nourished and looked after. Caroline has a passion for nature and reconnecting people to nature and to themselves through different healing modalities. She is qualified yoga instructor, art teacher and holistic therapist, with a particular focus on working with medicinal essential oils. She has been facilitating wellbeing retreats for the past 6 years, with particular emphasis on the healing power of mandalas as a mindfulness tool. Her energy and enthusiasm is infectious and the joy she brings is a real…
Learn more about Caroline McMullen
A little over 6 years ago, Renée had a life changing experience during her first Ayahuasca Ceremony. From that moment she established a strong connection with plant medicine and she has been attending and co-facilitating many different sacred medicine ceremonies since then. Assisting others in their journey inwards is something she loves to do most. By being present with her open heart and grounded personality, she creates a safe and loving environment. By using her voice as a tool for guidance she is able to hold a solid container where you can truly surrender into yourself and discover what it is that wants to be seen.
Learn more about Renee Hendriks