InwardBound December 2022 Group Retreat- Netherlands (4 days)
With Rob Ó Cobhthaigh- Psychotherapist, Nicky Halliday, Sophie Adler- Psychologist and Helena Angelini- Psychologist
December 12 - 15, 2022
4- Day Psychedelic Retreat
Our December 2022 retreat takes place in a beautiful venue situated an hour from Amsterdam. The authentic 19th-century Dutch abbey accommodation provides the perfect setting for your 4-day retreat. A private room for every participant and the ample common areas provide a place for you to relax, journal and maximise your stay with us. The peaceful location of the retreat centre means there is plenty of opportunity for reflection and walks in nature. The chapel is available for private reflection and meditation. The retreat center is nestled in a forest park which surrounded by beautiful trails and trees.
Our December retreat will be intimate, group-oriented and will faithfully contain the healing process. During the 4-day retreat, we will have one session with psilocybin truffles, complemented by a range of activities designed to maximise your experience and affect lasting change in your life.
This forms the focal point of our Psychedelic Retreat Programme.
This is what a typical programme looks like. Every participant is different and some activities may naturally suit some participants more than others. There’s plenty of time for reflection and time in nature and there’s no expectation to attend every activity.
- Medical screening and interview call (as required)
- Welcome pack
- Group introduction circle (Zoom video call)
- Session of 1:1 preparative consultation with a psychotherapist.
- The Retreat:
- 4x Day retreat in a beautiful location in the Netherlands.
- 1x Sessions with Psilocybin Truffles
- 3x Nights private or shared accommodation
- transfer from Amsterdam to/from the retreat centre
- Small groups: 12 participants maximum
- Personal care: 3 full-time facilitators to maximise individual care and attention
- All meals by a professional chef: vegetarian, organic and local (where possible)
- Bodywork programme of yoga & qi gong
- Workshops in breathing techniques (e.g. pranayama, Wim Hof)
- Group intention setting, sharing and integration circles
- Embodiment movement
- Art therapy and mandala work
- Ecotherapy and nature walks
- Individual consultations with facilitators
- Session of 1:1 integrative consultation with a psychotherapist.
- Group Integration Circle (Zoom video call)
- Follow-up options and referrals
- Integration workbook
- Lifetime access to community
- Monthly Inwardbound Psychedelic Integration Group open to all participants to help people integrate their psychedelic experience into everyday life.
- To make sure this form of healing is open to people from all socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds, we offer one scholarship per group retreat. If you feel like you’d make a good candidate, please send a 500 word application to [email protected]
- Online Information Call: Wednesday 30th November, 2022, 20:00 – 21:00 (Amsterdam time)
- Retreat (Netherlands): Monday 12th December – Thursday 15th December, 2022
- Online Group Integration Call: Wednesday 28th December 2022, 20:00 – 21:00 (Amsterdam time)
Travel To/From the Netherlands
- Meeting point: Central Amsterdam – “Prins Heerlijk” Café at 11:00am on Monday 12th December November
- We provide transfer from Amsterdam to the retreat centre. If you have your own transportation, please let us know.may
- Dropoff point: Schiphol Airport for 14:00 on Thursday 15th December 2022. Please do not book your flight before 6pm as the security control in Schipol has been up to 2 hours long.
Consultations and the group calls are online using the free Zoom app.
About the Venue
- Woodburning stove
- Underfloor heating
- Free Wifi
- Deposit of €1500 is required to secure your place.
- The programme fee does not include flights or other transport to the Netherlands. For legal reasons, the cost of the truffles is not included. We will arrange for you to buy the truffles from a third party (allow €50).
- Prices not inclusive of VAT @ 21%
- If you do not qualify for the retreat programme after a consultation with our psychotherapists, we will return your deposit minus an admin fee of 250 euro.
- In the event of cancellation due to Dutch government coronavirus regulations, we will transfer your booking to the next available retreat dates (ie we will not be offering refunds). Current dutch government advice can be seen here
- Read full Terms & Conditions.
- Our coronavirus protocols can be found under the FAQ section of our website
- REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
The retreat is 100% refundable for cancellation 60+ days before the event start date minus 200e administration fee. The event is 50% refundable if cancelled 30-59 days before the start date. The retreat is non-refundable if cancelled 0-29 days before the event start date.
- At InwardBound, our interdisciplinary team of psychotherapists, PhD scientists and holistic therapists believe in weaving together the threads of science and spirituality, knowing that the two ways are one. We work in the broad tradition of Dr Stan Grof – creating a safe container for people to access the wisdom of their own inner healer.
- We come from a long tradition of psilocybin use in Ireland. Our Celtic ancestors used the wild mushrooms of Northern Europe (Psilocybe Semilanceata) and worked with the patterns of nature for healing and spiritual growth and we continue that land-based ancestral tradition to create a modern context for psilocybin ceremony and reconnection with nature.
- We hold small groups with four facilitators (a balance of male and female) to a maximum of 12 participants. This low ratio allows us to provide the highest possible standard of care for our participants. Private rooms are available on most retreats.
Inwardbound Co-Founder Rob (MSc/ BA Hons) is the co-founder of Inwardbound. He has a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Level 9) from Dublin City University, is an accredited psychotherapist, and is a professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science. He is also a qualified transpersonal therapist, and has completed an 8 year training as a Transpersonal therapist at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies (Dunderry Park), in the tradition of Dr. Stan Grof. He believes that only way to create change in the world is through inner psychological work, and his work had…
Learn more about Rob Ó Cobhthaigh- Psychotherapist
Nicky’s interest in nutrition was awakened when she travelled around the world and explored a huge variety of cuisines. On arriving back in Ireland, she made the decision to study Nutritional Therapy. Nicky was fascinated by what she learned about the connection between what we consume and our health. Having passed her Nutritional Therapy course with distinction she decided that she wanted to bring together her love for cooking and her knowledge of nutrition. When she came across Bauman College Holistic Nutrition and Culinary Arts School, she felt a deep calling from within, and decided to quit her job in…
Learn more about Nicky Halliday
Sophie-Charlotte Alice Adler, MSc, is a psychologist, hypnotherapist, researcher and author. She has specialised in working with altered states of consciousness since 2017 and has been supervising ketamine infusions at Instituto Dr. Scheib in Mallorca since 2018. In Autumn 2020 she built up a private practice for Dr. Scheib in Berlin where Ketamine Therapy is offered. Ketamine (off-label use) is currently the only legally available and approved psychedelic substance. With the support of Dr Mario Scheib and Prof Revenstorf, Sophie Adler developed an innovative therapy method, the “Ketamine Hypnosis Package” (KHP). Since 2018, she has accompanied over 400 ketamine infusions…
Learn more about Sophie Adler- Psychologist
Helena Angelini is a therapist with 19 years of professional experience. She is a psychologist who graduated at Universidade Fumec in Minas Gerais/Brasil, specializing in the Jungian Psychological approach. She has keenly continued education with various courses in Complementary Therapies, Mythology and has travelled all over the world looking to obtain broader and vaster perspective of human behaviour. As a psychologist, Helena has always strived to understand in depth the particular universe of each culture and each human being. This passion granted her the ability to treat people of different ages, cultures and interests. She has clinical experience in Brasil…
Learn more about Helena Angelini- Psychologist