Inwardbound “Introduction to Psychedelic Therapy” online training – February 2022
With Rob Ó Cobhthaigh, Dr. Darragh Stewart, Sophie Adler- Psychedelic Therapy training, Declan Hammond- Psychedelic Therapy Training, Atira Tan- Psychedelic Therapy Training, Martin Duffy- Psychedelic Therapy training and Dr Graham Campbell - Psychedelic Therapy Training
February 12 - April 30, 2022
Inwardbound are running a 3 month, online “Introduction to Psychedelic Therapy” training programme”, blending cutting edge psychotherapy and science, with the ancestral wisdom of Ireland.
The core Inwardbound team have been running psilocybin retreats in the Netherlands for three years, and are one of the pioneering psilocybin retreats in the world, with hundreds of people having come through our retreats.
The aim of this programme is to provide a comprehensive overview of the field of psychedelic therapy from both a spiritual, shamanic and scientific, psychological perspective knowing that ultimately the two ways are one. We are bringing together world experts in the field, to offer a broad overview and introduction to psychedelic therapy.
Introduction to Psychedelic Therapy Modules* :
- Course Introduction/ Opening
- The science and healing power of psychedelics
- Screening/ Risk Management/ Harm Reduction
- Maps of Consciousness/ Finding meaning in the psychedelic experience
- The Jungian Psyche
- Introduction to Transpersonal Therapy/ Holiotropic States of Consciousness
- Psilocybin Therapy from a psychiatric perspective
- The challenges from a psychotherapeutic perspective
- Trauma Informed Practice
- The process of integration
- Harm Reduction
* Please note that both course modules and course lecturers are subject to change
Programme Eligibility Requirements
This course is for anyone with an interested in the healing power of psychedelics, all that is required of participants is an open and curious mind, and a willingness to embrace Inwardbound’s multidisciplinary approach. This programme is suitable for therapists, psychotherapists, psychologists, practitioners or anyone who is interested in gaining a deeper understanding of psychedelic therapy from a scientific, psychotherapeutic and spiritual perspective.
The training programme will consist of 12 modules, delivered over the course of 12 weekends from February – April 2022. The format will consist of a 2 hour lecture each Saturday of each weekend, so approximately 30 hours contact time. We will also allowing time for live Q and A’s with some of the lecturers.
- A deposit of €750 is required to secure your place.
- Both course modules and course lecturers are subject to change without further notice
- The balance of the course fees are due 2 weeks before the course starts, on the 30th January 2022.
- Deposits are non-refundable, if you cannot attend the course for some reason we will transfer you booking to the next available date
- A limited number of scholarships are available for low-wage and social causes, and those from disadvantaged socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds. To apply for a scholarship, please send a 500 word application on why you are a good candidate for a scholarship to: [email protected]
- No illegal substances are consumed during this training course. We do not condone illegal activity in your jurisdiction, please abide by your local laws. This purpose of this training course is to introduce people to the field of Psychedelic Therapy from a variety of theoretical perspectives
- Please note we call this training course an Introduction to Psychedelic Therapy for a reason. We do not consider it sufficient training for participants to then begin acting as, or calling themselves, psychedelic therapists. Further training and education will most definitely be required. In most cases, this takes years of dedication and training. We ask that all participants respect the limitations of their competencies as an ethical requirement for partaking in this course, and to honour this condition.
Read full Terms & Conditions.
- the course will be delivered between 15.30-17.30 Irish Time GMT (=16.30-18.30 CEST/ 10.30- 12.30 EDT/ 07.30-9.30 PDT) each Saturday for the duration of the course (February 12th, 2022- April 30th, 2022)
- lectures will be recorded so you can listen back in your own time
- we will also including process and sharing circles, details of which will be shared nearer the time
- At InwardBound, our interdisciplinary team of psychotherapists, PhD scientists and holistic therapists believe in weaving together the threads of science and spirituality, knowing that the two ways are one. We work in the broad tradition of Dr Stan Grof – creating a safe container for people to access the wisdom of their own inner healer
Inwardbound Co-Founder Rob (MSc/ BA Hons) is the co-founder of Inwardbound. He has a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Level 9) from Dublin City University, is a fully accredited member of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MIACP), and is a professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science. He is also a qualified Shamanic Counsellor in Celtic Shamanism, and has completed an 8 year training as a Transpersonal Therapist at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies, in the tradition of Dr. Stan Grof. He believes that only way to create change in…
Learn more about Rob Ó Cobhthaigh
Inwardbound Co-Founder/ Scientific Lead Facilitator. Dr Darragh Stewart (Phd) is the co-founder of Inwardbound. In his early-twenties, Darragh reached a turning point in his life. Due to the death of his grandmother, the ending of a long-term relationship, and the immense pressure of his University studies, he had a mental breakdown. He suffered from bouts of depression, anxiety, and a general dissatisfaction with how he was living his life. These problems sent him on a quest to find inner healing, truth, and a new way of being in the world. During the rest of his twenties, he had a life-changing…
Learn more about Dr. Darragh Stewart
Sophie-Charlotte Alice Adler, MSc, is a psychologist, hypnotherapist, researcher and author. She has specialised in working with altered states of consciousness since 2017 and has been supervising ketamine infusions at Instituto Dr. Scheib in Mallorca since 2018. In Autumn 2020 she built up a private practice for Dr. Scheib in Berlin where Ketamine Therapy is offered. Ketamine (off-label use) is currently the only legally available and approved psychedelic substance. With the support of Dr Mario Scheib and Prof Revenstorf, Sophie Adler developed an innovative therapy method, the “Ketamine Hypnosis Package” (KHP). Since 2018, she has accompanied over 400 ketamine infusions…
Learn more about Sophie Adler- Psychedelic Therapy training
Declan Hammond will be joining us to deliver the harm reduction module on the Inwardbound Introduction to Psychedelic Therapy Training. Declan has decades of experience working in harm reduction in the psychedelic space. He is an ancestral wisdom keeper of the land of Ireland, a transpersonal therapist and shamanic practitioner. His life and work has been a passionate search for the most effective healing tools for himself and his patients. This journey has taken him all over the globe studying Eastern and Western approaches to healing and and traditional shamanic practices. Declan has developed a unique synthesis of these ancient…
Learn more about Declan Hammond- Psychedelic Therapy Training
A TEDx speaker, activist, somatic trauma specialist, #1 Best Selling Author, and yoga teacher & group facilitator, Atira Tan, is a powerful agent of transformation and change. She has touched the lives of thousands of women, men, and children around the world, supporting them through her 15 years of experience in various somatic and creative trauma recovery approaches. Passionate about creating safer spaces for everybody, and bringing healing and awareness in the “shadowy” areas of life, Atira has worked as a trauma-informed integration specialist in ayahuasca retreat centers such as the Temple of the Way of Light In Peru and…
Learn more about Atira Tan- Psychedelic Therapy Training
Martin is one of the teachers on the Inwardbound ‘Introduction to Psychedelic Therapy” training. Martin is an accredited jungian psychotherapist, who trained as a transpersonal therapist in Dr Stan Grof’s holiotropic states of consciousness. He is widely regarded as one of the world’s leading experts on celtic shamanism. Martin also spent 30 years working in the Irish psychiatric services, including some pioneering collaborations with legendary Irish psychiatrist and psychedelic pioneer Dr Ivor Browne (pictured with Martin below), who was a contemporary and colleague of Dr Stan Grof. Martin is the director of the OakTree Charitable Trust, a nonprofit organization that…
Learn more about Martin Duffy- Psychedelic Therapy training
Graham has been interested in the therapeutic potential of psychedelic drugs since the late 1990s. This naturally evolved from his early interest in the interpretation of dreams, hypnosis and psychoanalysis. He qualified as a doctor in 2003 from the University of Birmingham and trained in psychiatry from 2006. In 2012, he was awarded an MSc in Neuroscience with distinction from Kings College London and focussed on the role of inflammation in the aetiology of depression. He worked as an NHS inpatient consultant psychiatrist from 2012 at Mill View Hospital in Hove and trained with Imperial College London in February 2018 to…
Learn more about Dr Graham Campbell – Psychedelic Therapy Training