Inwardbound Ireland Sacred Sites Retreat
With Rob Ó Cobhthaigh, Aoife Howe, Caroline McMullen and Dr. Darragh Stewart
June 14 - 23, 2022
The Inwardbound team are running a very special 10 day retreat in Ireland connecting to the sacred sites and spirituality of the ancient land of Éiriu
This retreat has a very special intention- to help people re-connect to the indigenous spirituality and land of Ireland, and through this, to reconnect to themselves.
We will be visiting different sacred sites in several locations in Ireland, and you will be guided by a team of experts in the mythology, history and spirituality of Ireland. We will also be joined by talented traditional irish musicians, who will make this a retreat of ‘ceol agus craic‘- music and laughter.
We will spend a few nights in several areas of Ireland to get a feel for the mystical heritage of this ancient land. First, near the sacred Hill of Tara and the ancient sun temple of Bru na Boinne, in the sacred Boyne valley. Then journeying to the sacred ceremonial and spiritual centre of ancient Ireland, Uisneach. And finally, to the powerful and magical land of Sligo, famou for the mystical poetry of WB Yeats.
As well as visiting the sacred sites, this retreat will allow you the time and space to re-vision, and re-new your life direction.
We will help you reconnect to yourself, to others and the natural world, so that you can be an agent for positive change in the world.
This programme includes:
- 1x interview call
- 10x days in several beautiful locations in Ireland.
- 9x overnight accommodation in private rooms
- 3x full-time guides who are experts in the history, mythology and spirituality of ancient Ireland. We will be joined by other guides as appropriate
- Private transfer from Dublin airport to/from the retreat centre
- All meals: vegetarian, organic and local (where possible)
- Bodywork with yoga and/or qi gong
- Workshops in breathing techniques
- Ceremonies at or near the sacred sites
- Eco therapy and nature walks
- Please note that this retreat will involve a degree of travel between our the different locations
We operate from several luxury venues in Ireland to give you the best change to see the mystical beautiful of this incredible country. Our venues have private rooms and may offer forest hikes etc.
- Read full Terms & Conditions.
- Please note this is a non-psychedelic retreat. We will be abiding by all the laws of Ireland. If you are interested in a psychedelic retreat, please see our psilocybin retreats in the Netherlands.
- This retreat is not a tourist retreat. This retreat is for those who are deeply interested in indigenous Irish spirituality, and connecting with the sacred sites of Ireland. Ceremony will be a very important part of this retreat.
- We will email you a detailed itinerary once you have booked- the current venues and itinerary is provisional and will be confirmed in early 2022.
- Deposit of €1500 is required to secure your place.
- Financial assistance is available for low-wage and social causes.
- The programme fee does not include flights or other transport to Ireland.
- Prices not inclusive of VAT @ 21%
- In the event of cancellation due to Irish government coronavirus regulations, we will transfer your booking to the next available retreat dates (ie we will not be offering refunds).
- Our coronavirus protocols can be found under the FAQ section of our website
- To make sure this form of retreat is open to people from all socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds, we offer one scholarship per group retreat. If you feel like you’d make a good candidate, please send a 500 word application to [email protected]
Travel To/From Ireland
- Meeting point: Dublin International Airport – 10.00 on 14th June 2022
- Dropoff point: Dublin International Airport for 15:00 on 23rd June 2022
- Please do not book book flights before contacting us to confirm.
Consultations and the group calls are online using the Zoom app.
Inwardbound Co-Founder/ Psychotherapeutic Lead Facilitator Rob (MSc/ BA Hons) is the co-founder of Inwardbound. He has a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Level 9) from Dublin City University, is a fully accredited member of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MIACP), and is a professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science. He is also a qualified Shamanic Counsellor in Celtic Shamanism, and has completed an 8 year training as a Transpersonal Therapist at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies, in the tradition of Dr. Stan Grof. He believes that only way…
Learn more about Rob Ó Cobhthaigh
Ancestral Wisdom Keeper. Aoife has a strong connection to the land and ancestors of Ireland, is a herbalist trained in the ways of the Irish wise women of old. From a very young age, she experienced spontaneous shamanic initiations and formed a deep connection with plants and psychedelic mushrooms. She has lived close to the land for some years. Her roots are in Celtic spirituality and the sacred sites of ancient Ireland. She has also been trained in herbalism and different healing modalities, in several indigenous traditions, as well as using music and dance to create her own very unique…
Learn more about Aoife Howe
Director of Customer Care. Caroline is the customer care lead on our retreats, making sure that our clients are comfortable, nourished and looked after. Caroline has a passion for nature and reconnecting people to nature and to themselves through different healing modalities. She is qualified yoga instructor, art teacher and holistic therapist, with a particular focus on working with medicinal essential oils. She has been facilitating wellbeing retreats for the past 6 years, with particular emphasis on the healing power of mandalas as a mindfulness tool. Her energy and enthusiasm is infectious and the joy she brings is a real…
Learn more about Caroline McMullen
Inwardbound Co-Founder/ Scientific Lead Facilitator. Dr Darragh Stewart (Phd) is the co-founder of Inwardbound. In his early-twenties, Darragh reached a turning point in his life. Due to the death of his grandmother, the ending of a long-term relationship, and the immense pressure of his University studies, he had a mental breakdown. He suffered from bouts of depression, anxiety, and a general dissatisfaction with how he was living his life. These problems sent him on a quest to find inner healing, truth, and a new way of being in the world. During the rest of his twenties, he had a life-changing…
Learn more about Dr. Darragh Stewart