InwardBound May 2021 Group Retreat
With Dr Darragh Stewart, Rob Coffey, Caroline McMullen and Nicky Halliday
May 14 - 18, 2021
5-Day Psychedelic Retreat
Our May 2021 retreat takes place in a beautiful quiet rural location in the north of the Netherlands. The retreat centre is a spacious but cosy traditional farmhouse with beautiful views all around. The venue is surrounded by mature trees, canals and farmland and is close to the North Sea. Amenities include a sauna, hot tub and large open fireplace.
The Spring retreat will be intimate, group-oriented and will faithfully contain the healing process. During the 5-day retreat, we will have 2 sessions with psilocybin truffles, complemented by a range of activities designed to maximise your experience and affect lasting change in your life.
This forms the focal point of our Psychedelic Retreat Programme.
This is what a typical programme looks like. Every participant is different and some activities may naturally suit some participants more than others. There’s plenty of time for reflection and time in nature and there’s no expectation to attend every activity.
- Medical screening and interview call (as required)
- Welcome pack
- Group introduction circle (video call)
- Session of 1:1 preparative consultation with a psychotherapist.
- The Retreat:
- 5x Day retreat in a beautiful location in the Netherlands.
- 2x Sessions with Psilocybin Truffles (stepped doses)
- 4x Nights private or shared accommodation
- Private bus transfer from Amsterdam to/from the retreat centre
- Small groups: 12 participants maximum
- Personal care: 4 full-time facilitators to maximise individual care and attention
- All meals: vegetarian, organic and local (where possible)
- Bodywork programme of yoga & qi gong
- Workshops in breathing techniques (e.g. pranayama, Wim Hof)
- Group intention setting, sharing and integration circles
- Embodiment movement
- Art therapy and mandala work
- Ecotherapy and nature walks
- Guaranteed individual consultations with all facilitators
- Depending on the participant, we may also offer:
- Session of 1:1 integrative consultation with a psychotherapist.
- Group Integration Circle (video call)
- Follow-up options and referrals
- Integration workbook
- Lifetime access to community
- Information Call: Tuesday 4th May , 2021, 20:00 – 21:00 (Amsterdam time)
- Retreat (Netherlands): Friday 14th May – Tuesday 18th May, 2021
- Group Integration Call: Tuesday 1st June , 2021, 20:00 – 21:00 (Amsterdam time)
Travel To/From the Netherlands
- Meeting point: Central Amsterdam – “Prins Heerlijk” Café at 18:00 on Friday 14th May 2021
- We provide transfer from Amsterdam to the retreat centre. If you have your own transportation, please let us know.may
- Dropoff point: Schiphol Airport for 15:00 on Tuesday 18th May 2021
Consultations and the group calls are online using the Zoom app.
About the Venue
A unique farmhouse in the middle of the fields, a large garden and 900m² of space.
- Hot tub
- Whirlpool bath
- Washer, Dryer
- Woodburning stove
- Underfloor heating
- Free Wifi
- Entire centre is wheelchair accessible
- Deposit of €500 is required to secure your place.
- Financial assistance is available for low-wage and social causes.
- The programme fee does not include flights or other transport to the Netherlands. For legal reasons, the cost of the truffles is not included. We will arrange for you to buy the truffles from a third party (allow €50).
- Prices not inclusive of VAT @ 21%
- If you do not qualify for the retreat programme after a consultation with our psychotherapists, we will return your deposit minus an admin fee of 100 euro.
- In the event of cancellation due to Dutch government coronavirus regulations, we will transfer you booking to the next available retreat dates (ie we will not be offering refunds). Current dutch government advice can be seen here
- Read full Terms & Conditions.
- At InwardBound, our interdisciplinary team of psychotherapists, PhD scientists and holistic therapists believe in weaving together the threads of science and spirituality, knowing that the two ways are one. We work in the broad tradition of Dr Stan Grof – creating a safe container for people to access the wisdom of their own inner healer.
- We come from a long tradition of psilocybin use in Ireland. Our Celtic ancestors used the wild mushrooms of Northern Europe (Psilocybe Semilanceata) and worked with the patterns of nature for healing and spiritual growth and we continue that land-based ancestral tradition to create a modern context for psilocybin ceremony and reconnection with nature.
- We hold small groups with four facilitators (a balance of male and female) to a maximum of 14 participants. This low ratio allows us to provide the highest possible standard of care for our participants. Private rooms are available on most retreats.
Natural Science B.A., Plant Geneticist Ph.D. In his early-twenties, Darragh reached a turning point in his life. Due to the death of his grandmother, the ending of a long-term relationship, and the immense pressure of his University studies, he had a mental breakdown. He suffered from bouts of depression, anxiety, and a general dissatisfaction with how he was living his life. These problems sent him on a quest to find inner healing, truth, and a new way of being in the world. During the rest of his twenties, he had a life-changing break-through both mentally and spiritually, with the aid…
Learn more about Dr Darragh Stewart
Psychotherapist (IACP Preaccredited), Lecturer BA Hons/ MSc Rob is a university lecturer, has a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Level 9) from Dublin City University, is a pre-accredited member of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and is a professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science. He is also a qualified Shamanic Counsellor at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies, and is currently finishing a 7 year training as a Transpersonal Therapist in the tradition of Dr. Stan Grof. He believes that only way to create change in the world is through inner…
Learn more about Rob Coffey
Caroline has a passion for nature and reconnecting people to nature and to themselves through different healing modalities. She is qualified yoga instructor, art teacher and holistic therapist, with a particular focus on working with medicinal essential oils. She has been facilitating wellbeing retreats for the past 6 years, with particular emphasis on the healing power of mandalas as a mindfulness tool. Her energy and enthusiasm is infectious and the joy she brings is a real asset for our retreats.
Learn more about Caroline McMullen
Nicky studied Culinary Arts in a holistic nutrition school in California. This professional training focused on cooking delicious nourishing food for optimum health. As Nicky is also a qualified nutritional therapist, she dedicates her time to preparing dishes that can be adapted to everybody’s health requirements. Her food is not only bursting with nutrients, it tastes delicious too. Nicky started the fresh food deli in The Hopsack Health Store and worked as the head chef there for 3.5 years. Since then she decided to go on an adventure to Central America where she has gained so much experience working as head chef at Farm of…
Learn more about Nicky Halliday