InwardBound June 2020 Group Retreat
With Dr Darragh Stewart, Aoife Howe, Rob Coffey and Caroline McMullen
June 29 - July 3, 2020
5-Day Psychedelic Retreat
Our June 2020 retreat takes place in a luxury venue situated in a nature reserve an hour from Amsterdam. The authentic 19th-century Dutch abbey accommodation provides the perfect setting for your 5-day retreat. A private room for every participant and the ample common areas provide a place for you to relax, journal and maximise your stay with us. The peaceful location of the retreat centre means there is plenty of opportunity for reflection, trips to the nature reserve and long walks on the beach. The chapel is available for private reflection and meditation.
Our summer retreat will take full advantage of the accommodation with plenty of opportunities for nature connection in the local woods and sunny walks on the beach. The gathering will be reflective, nourishing and will provide the perfect container for a healing and nourishing group journey.
During the 5-day retreat we will have 2 sessions with psilocybin truffles, complemented by a range of activities and therapies designed to maximise your experience and affect lasting change in your life.
This forms the focal point of our Psychedelic Retreat Programme.
This is what a typical programme looks like. Every participant is different and some activities may naturally suit some participants more than others. There’s plenty of time for reflection and time in nature and there’s no expectation to attend every activity.
- Medical screening and interview call (as required)
- Welcome pack
- Group introduction circle (video call)
- Session of 1:1 preparative consultation with a psychotherapist
- The Retreat:
- 5x Day retreat in a beautiful location in the Netherlands.
- 2x Sessions with Psilocybin Truffles (stepped doses)
- 4x Nights private or shared accommodation
- Private bus transfer from Amsterdam to/from the retreat centre
- Small groups: 14 participants maximum
- Personal care: 5 full-time facilitators to maximise individual care and attention
- All meals: vegetarian, organic and local (where possible)
- Bodywork programme of yoga & qi gong
- Workshops in breathing techniques (e.g. pranayama, Wim Hof)
- Group intention setting, sharing and integration circles
- Embodiment movement therapy
- Art therapy and mandala work
- Eco therapy and nature walks
- Guaranteed individual consultations with all facilitators
- Depending on the participant, we may also offer:
- Session of 1:1 integrative consultation with a psychotherapist
- Group Integration Circle (video call)
- Follow-up options and referrals
- Integration workbook
- Lifetime access to community
- Information Call: Wednesday, 17th June 2020: 19:00 – 20:00 (Dublin time)
- Retreat (Netherlands): Monday 29th June – Friday 2nd July
- Group Integration Call: Wednesday, 16th July 2019: 19:00 – 20:00 (Dublin time)
Travel To/From the Netherlands
- Meeting point: Central Amsterdam – “Prins Heerlijk” Café at 18:00 on Monday 29th June 2020.
- Dropoff point: Schiphol Airport for 15:00 on Friday 3rd July 2020
Consultations can be in person (Dublin) or over video call. Group calls are online using the Zoom app.
- At InwardBound, our interdisciplinary team of psychotherapists, PhD scientists and holistic therapists believe in weaving together the threads of science and spirituality, knowing that the two ways are one. We work in the broad tradition of Dr Stan Grof – creating a safe container for people to access the wisdom of their own inner healer.
- We come from a long lineage of psilocybin use in Ireland. Our Celtic ancestors used the wild mushrooms of Northern Europe (Psilocybe Semilanceata) and worked with the patterns of nature for healing and spiritual growth and we continue that land-based ancestral tradition to create a modern context for psilocybin ceremony and reconnection with nature.
- We hold small groups with five facilitators (a balance of male and female) to a maximum of 12 participants. This very low ratio allows us to provide the highest possible standard of care for our participants using humanistic psychology’s core conditions of: empathy, being real and unconditional positive regard. Private rooms are available on most retreats.
- Deposit of €500 is required to secure your place.
- If you do not qualify for the retreat programme, we will return your deposit.
- Read full Terms & Conditions.
Plant Geneticist, PhD Darragh has an honours degree in Natural Science and a Ph.D. in Plant Developmental Genetics. He is passionate about psychedelic science and specifically the role of plant medicines in mental health. In his mid-twenties under the immense pressure of the Ph.D., Darragh suffered from depression and anxiety due to the demanding nature of the work. During this time he had a life changing break-through both mentally and spiritually, with the aid of psychedelic medicines and the power of holistic healing. He is now passionate about helping others who may also benefit from the science of psychedelics. Having…
Learn more about Dr Darragh Stewart
Aoife has a strong connection to the land and ancestors of Ireland. She has lived close to the land for some years, and believes in reconnecting with the ancestral medicine and healing tradition of Ireland. Her roots are in Celtic spirituality, and she is currently training in a medicine lineage that is of Navajo, Native American tradition, as well as with Shipibo cunderas of Peru. She has also been trained and practices with Reiki and energy as a tool for healing.
Learn more about Aoife Howe
Psychotherapist (IACP Preaccredited), Lecturer BA Hons/ MSc Rob is a university lecturer, has a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Level 9) from Dublin City University, is a pre-accredited member of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and is a professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science. He is also a qualified Shamanic Counsellor at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies, and is currently finishing a 6 year training as a Transpersonal Therapist in the tradition of Dr. Stan Grof. He believes that only way to create change in the world is through inner…
Learn more about Rob Coffey
Caroline has a passion for nature and reconnecting people to nature and to themselves through different healing modalities. She is qualified yoga instructor, art teacher and holistic therapist, with a particular focus on working with medicinal essential oils. She has been facilitating wellbeing retreats for the past 6 years, with particular emphasis on the healing power of mandalas as a mindfulness tool. Her energy and enthusiasm is infectious and the joy she brings is a real asset for our retreats.
Learn more about Caroline McMullen