InwardBound May 2020 Group Retreat- Cancelled due to Covid 19
With Dr Darragh Stewart, Rob Coffey, Caroline McMullen and Nicky Halliday
May 25 - 29, 2020
5-Day Psychedelic Retreat
Our May 2020 retreat takes place in a luxury venue situated in a nature reserve an hour from Amsterdam. The authentic 19th-century Dutch abbey accommodation provides the perfect setting for your 5-day retreat. A private room for every participant and the ample common areas provide a place for you to relax, journal and maximise your stay with us. The peaceful location of the retreat centre means there is plenty of opportunity for reflection, trips to the nature reserve and long walks on the beach. The chapel is available for private reflection and meditation.
The Spring retreat will take full advantage of the cosy accommodation with plenty of opportunities for nature connection and sunny walks on the beach. The gathering will be reflective, nourishing and will provide the perfect container for a healing and nourishing group journey.
During the 5-day retreat we will have 2 sessions with psilocybin truffles, complemented by a range of activities designed to maximise your experience and affect lasting change in your life.
This forms the focal point of our Psychedelic Retreat Programme.
This is what a typical programme looks like. Every participant is different and some activities may naturally suit some participants more than others. There’s plenty of time for reflection and time in nature and there’s no expectation to attend every activity.
- Medical screening and interview call (as required)
- Welcome pack
- Group introduction circle (video call)
- Session of 1:1 preparative consultation with a psychotherapist
- The Retreat:
- 5x Day retreat in a beautiful location in the Netherlands.
- 2x Sessions with Psilocybin Truffles (stepped doses)
- 4x Nights private or shared accommodation
- Private bus transfer from Amsterdam to/from the retreat centre
- Small groups: 14 participants maximum
- Personal care: 5 full-time facilitators to maximise individual care and attention
- All meals: vegetarian, organic and local (where possible)
- Bodywork programme of yoga & qi gong
- Workshops in breathing techniques (e.g. pranayama, Wim Hof)
- Group intention setting, sharing and integration circles
- Embodiment movement therapy
- Art therapy and mandala work
- Eco therapy and nature walks
- Guaranteed individual consultations with all facilitators
- Depending on the participant, we may also offer:
- Session of 1:1 integrative consultation with a psychotherapist
- Group Integration Circle (video call)
- Follow-up options and referrals
- Integration workbook
- Lifetime access to community
- Information Call: Wednesday, 29th April 2020: 19:00 – 20:00 (Dublin time)
- Retreat (Netherlands): Monday 25th May – Friday 29th May
- Group Integration Call: Wednesday, 10th June 2019: 19:00 – 20:00 (Dublin time)
Travel To/From the Netherlands
- Meeting point: Central Amsterdam – “Prins Heerlijk” Café at 18:00 on Monday 25th May 2020.
- Dropoff point: Schiphol Airport for 15:00 at the latest on Friday 29th May 2020
- Deposit of €500 is required to secure your place.
- Prices not inclusive of VAT @ 21%
- If you do not qualify for the retreat programme after a consultation with our psychotherapists, we will return your deposit minus a fee of 100 euro.
- Read full Terms & Conditions.
Consultations are over video call using the Zoom app. Group calls are online using the Zoom app.
- At InwardBound, our interdisciplinary team of psychotherapists, PhD scientists and holistic therapists believe in weaving together the threads of science and spirituality, knowing that the two ways are one. We work in the broad tradition of Dr Stan Grof – creating a safe container for people to access the wisdom of their own inner healer.
- We come from a long tradition of psilocybin use in Ireland. Our Celtic ancestors used the wild mushrooms of Northern Europe (Psilocybe Semilanceata) and worked with the patterns of nature for healing and spiritual growth and we continue that land-based ancestral tradition to create a modern context for psilocybin ceremony and reconnection with nature.
- We hold small groups with five facilitators (a balance of male and female) to a maximum of 14 participants. This low ratio allows us to provide the highest possible standard of care for our participants. Private rooms are available on most retreats.
Plant Geneticist, PhD Darragh has an honours degree in Natural Science and a Ph.D. in Plant Developmental Genetics. He is passionate about psychedelic science and specifically the role of plant medicines in mental health. In his mid-twenties under the immense pressure of the Ph.D., Darragh suffered from depression and anxiety due to the demanding nature of the work. During this time he had a life changing break-through both mentally and spiritually, with the aid of psychedelic medicines and the power of holistic healing. He is now passionate about helping others who may also benefit from the science of psychedelics. Having…
Learn more about Dr Darragh Stewart
Psychotherapist (IACP Preaccredited), Lecturer BA Hons/ MSc To book an online counselling session with Rob, click here Rob is a university lecturer, has a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Level 9) from Dublin City University, is a pre-accredited member of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and is a professional member of MIND- the European Foundation for Psychedelic Science. He is also a qualified Shamanic Counsellor at the Irish Centre for Shamanic and Transpersonal Studies, and is currently finishing a 7 year training as a Transpersonal Therapist in the tradition of Dr. Stan Grof. He believes that only way…
Learn more about Rob Coffey
Caroline has a passion for nature and reconnecting people to nature and to themselves through different healing modalities. She is qualified yoga instructor, art teacher and holistic therapist, with a particular focus on working with medicinal essential oils. She has been facilitating wellbeing retreats for the past 6 years, with particular emphasis on the healing power of mandalas as a mindfulness tool. Her energy and enthusiasm is infectious and the joy she brings is a real asset for our retreats.
Learn more about Caroline McMullen
Nicky studied Culinary Arts in a holistic nutrition school in California. This professional training focused on cooking delicious nourishing food for optimum health. As Nicky is also a qualified nutritional therapist, she dedicates her time to preparing dishes that can be adapted to everybody’s health requirements. Her food is not only bursting with nutrients, it tastes delicious too. Nicky started the fresh food deli in The Hopsack Health Store and worked as the head chef there for 3.5 years. Since then she decided to go on an adventure to Central America where she has gained so much experience working as head chef at Farm of…
Learn more about Nicky Halliday